Once you have found a property you would like to rent through H&G, there are a few costs the tenant will need to pay, in addition to the advertised weekly/monthly rental price, in order to prepare for the tenancy. If you have any questions about the letting of a property or our fees please do contact the office.
Before you move in
- Tenancy Set Up Fee (tenants share) £282 (inc VAT). This charge covers one tenant, for each additional tenant there is a charge of £48 (inc VAT).
This fee includes the referencing of one tenant (identity, immigration and visa confirmation, financial credit checks, obtaining references from current/previous employer/landlords and any other relevant information to assess affordability) as well as contract negotiation (amending and agreeing terms) and arranging the tenancy and agreement and associated administration.
- Additional Tenant Fee: £48.00 (inc VAT) per additional tenant.
- Guarantor Fee: £48.00 (inc VAT).
- Security Deposit: An amount equivalent to six weeks of the agreed rent is required to protect against any damage or dilapidations that may occur during the tenancy. This is required prior to the tenancy commencing; H&G are members of the Deposit Protection Service (DPS).
During your tenancy
- Renewal Fee (tenants share) £60 (inc VAT) per tenancy.
Contract negotiation, amending and updating terms and arranging a further tenancy and agreement.
- Late Rent/Returned Payments: Interest at 3% above the Base Rate.
- Change of Tenants. Should you wish to change the tenants listed on the tenancy agreement mid tenancy then this can only happen with the approval of the landlord. Incoming tenants would have to be referenced and a new tenancy agreement drawn up (The Admin cost £234 (inc VAT) and referencing fee is £48 per tenant inc VAT ). A Schedule of Condition of the property would also be carried out to determine and damage/dilapidations prior to the exiting tenants share of deposit being released. The cost of the Schedule of Condition varies based on the size of the property but ranges between £90-£200 including VAT.
At the end of your tenancy
- Check-Out Fee: The landlord covers the cost of the check-in and the tenant is responsible for the cost of the check out. This will very according to the size of the property. Organising the check-out of the property, the cost of the updated Schedule of Condition based on the original inventory and negotiating the repayment of the security deposit. Should there be discrepancies between the check in and the check out, it may be that deductions are taken from your deposit.
Approximate Fee for a 2 bed furnished apartment is £230 (inc VAT)
- Professional Cleaning (if required). This which will be deducted from the Security Deposit. Only charged where professional cleaning is necessary to return the property to the same condition as at the start of the tenancy. The cost of this varies depending on condition of the property and time needed.
Approximate Charge for a 2 bed furnished apartment is £304 (inc VAT)
- If there are any charges outstanding at the end of the tenancy, these will be deducted from your deposit.